Thailand, UK hold first joint military exercise
Armed forces of Thailand and the UK have launched a joint exercise named “Panther Gold 2017” in Kanchanaburi of Thailand (Photo: Getty Images)
Bangkok (VNA) – Armed forces of Thailand and the UK have launched a joint exercise named “Panther Gold 2017” in Kanchanaburi of Thailand.
According to the Defence Ministry of Thailand, the exercise, the first of its kind, from November 1-24, drew the participation of 280 soldiers of the two countries.
It was co-chaired by Lieutenant General Parinya Khoonnasee, chief of the Directorate of Operations of Thailand and Major General Giles Patrick Hill, assistance chief of the British Army’s Defence Staff.
The training will entail the exchange of military tactics among rifle platoons and companies. It aims to enhance military capabilities and bilateral cooperation of the two countries.-VNA
- Same category
- Maybe you care
Dan Tri News| 47m
- VietnamPlus | 01 Nov 2017
- VietnamPlus | 05 Oct 2017
- VietnamPlus | 02 Oct 2017
- Dan Tri News | 02 Oct 2017
- VietnamPlus | 27 Sep 2017
- Dan Tri News | 15 Sep 2017
- Dan Tri News | 11 Sep 2017
- VietnamPlus | 30 Aug 2017
- Dan Tri News | 27 Aug 2017